Title

Are you sure?

Forum Latest puppy mill busted.... (18)

Latest puppy mill busted.... (18)

Quote | 5 months ago
edited by

Well...this is possibly the worst case the SPCA has seen...a puppy mill in Quebec, puppies kept in wooden boxes with the top nailed, some kept in Rubbermaid bins...it´s horrendous. There looks to be bulldogs, poodles, chinese crested....this is where the puppies in pet stores come from.....
http://watch.ctv.ca/news/latest/dogs-rescued/#clip96464

Quote | 5 months ago
edited by

See--this is why I think we should euthanize people. poor pups

I can´t watch the video--but is there information on how people can help?

Quote | 5 months ago
edited by

Oops never mind--I found it

This page provides links to help--if you are in the area, please consider fostering or adopting one of these sweethearts--there is also a link to donate money for those of us too far away to help physically.

http://www.hsicanada.ca/puppy_mills/puppy_mill_quebec.html

Stories like this make me want to hug my babies and never let go (not that Bear would stand for that)--my mother use to say "but for the grace of God"--meaning that it could easily have been one of ours.

Quote | 5 months ago
edited by

Yes...there is a plea to the public to step forward and foster if possible...there are around 100 dogs, obviously some with serious health issues.....

Quote | 5 months ago
edited by

Aww I wish I was close enough to help--I have to admit a special affinity to puppy-mill rescues--once you earn their trust they are the sweetest, most grateful pups.

Lilia 
Quote | 5 months ago
edited by

Today another terrible case of puppy abuse was a main topic in the Austrian evening news:
A transporter with 127 puppies on board, coming from a Slovak puppy mill, was held up and confiscated in Austria. The papers of the puppies were fake, the puppies were much younger than stated in the ´papers´ - most of them not older than five weeks! The transporter was on its way to Spain .....

The dogs were taken to the biggest animal shelter in town where they can stay till they are adopted by dog-loving people ....

Quote | 5 months ago
edited by

There was another one yesterday in the same area in Quebec, this one resulting in 157 dogs and 1 cat seized...lots of large breeds like Danes, Berners, Bordeaux and GSD. In Canada, Quebec is the ´puppy mill capital´....very sad. DON´T buy puppies from pet stores...this is where they come from
http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/news/story.html?id=ac7bdda6-4851-45ab-ab52-793568356e40

Quote | 4 months ago
edited by

I know it is very sad to see what is being done to these poor sweet innocent little pups but when i see a pup in the pet store all i want to do is buy it. Knowing where it has come from and what it has been through i just want to take it home and show it what love really is.

I know you cant keep buying puppies from the store as it just makes the breeder money and then they breed again but is there anything else that can be done? Dont blame the poor little doggie in the window he/she doesn´t understand they just want to be taken home to be free and loved.

I used to work at a semi puppy mill, this lady had over 80 dogs most were female. As soon as a bitch had pups, recovered and came into season again she would breed. One day i asked her why do you breed them so often? all she answered was "If these dogs were in the wild they would be breeding all the time" and this is the problem why breeders cant be stopped breeding but they can be done for negligence when they dont take care of the pups or mother afterwards. I couldn´t work at this place any longer but by the time i had finished she had cut her dogs down by 10 and had stopped keeping younger pups ready for breeding and all the dogs were being fed properly. The property was also inspected by a ranger and will continue to be inspected every year.

Helena 
Quote | 4 months ago
edited by

I know you cant keep buying puppies from the store as it just makes the breeder money and then they breed again but is there anything else that can be done?

The bussines in stores selling puppies and kittens is quite new in my country. It makes me always very sad, especially when I see the lethargic animals. I decided not to buy anything in such big stores but there is a question if small shops will survive
Unfortunately, there is only one way how to stop selling puppies and kittens - not to buy them.

she had cut her dogs down by 10 and had stopped keeping younger pups ready for breeding and all the dogs were being fed properly. The property was also inspected by a ranger and will continue to be inspected every year.
- that´s a very positive story

Quote | 9 years ago
edited by

why can´t you give them to loving owners that will love them furever who created puppy mills when you got loving people

Quote | 9 years ago
edited by

why do people abuse animals? really?

Quote | 9 years ago
edited by

why do people abuse animals? really?

to answer your question... _since it´s about puppy mills i´ll talk about that instead of other reasons_

these people abuse animals because for one... they make a good amount of money from Pet Stores.. and people buy these unhealthy puppies, not knowing exactly where they came from who are the parents, ect. To the people selling these puppies, they only care for the puppies and as for the dogs, they are considered money makers and do not care what so ever what happens to them. It´s really sad and of course very horrible..

Agree with Mickisha on buying those puppies... everytime i walk into a Pet Store that sell puppies i just want to buy all of them and give them to loving homes, but i don´t want too because it´s supporting those mills, so they continue. I hope one day that the SPCA or Humane Society will ban Pet Stores once and for all, for having puppies and kittens or even possibly having any other animals to live in the store.
When i worked at PETsMART, it was the only place that i liked out of all Pet Stores, for one, they bought the small animals from a farm in the U.S. and the manager knows the people there very well too and has been there several times. And also we take cats from the Humane Society to help get them adopted although it´s too bad we can´t take in puppies hehe.. no room for dogs and they also need to be exercised.

Quote | 9 years ago
edited by

SO MUCH ABUSE.WHAT A CRUEL WORLD WE LIVE IN.

Alicia 
Quote | 9 years ago
edited by

That´s so sad. I saw the video and I can´t believe those dogs survived in those kinds of conditions. So thin, dirty and frail.

Sian 
Quote | 9 years ago
edited by
Sian 

[quote]Well...this is possibly the worst case the SPCA has seen...a puppy mill in Quebec, puppies kept in wooden boxes with the top nailed, some kept in Rubbermaid bins...it´s horrendous. There looks to be bulldogs, poodles, chinese crested....this is where the puppies in pet stores come from.....
http://watch.ctv.ca/news/latest/dogs-rescued/#clip96464

I can´t watch the video but how horrible!!
If i was going to kill someone... it would be the people who run the puppy mills and the people who do the fur trade! !!

Luckily in england we don´t tend to get pet shops that sell dogs!

Sian 
Quote | 9 years ago
edited by

SO MUCH ABUSE.WHAT A CRUEL WORLD WE LIVE IN.

HERE HERE!!

Alicia 
Quote | 9 years ago
edited by

I think we can all help in our own communities by spreading the word to everyone we know not to buy any animals from pet stores. At least this is one way we can keep the puppy mills out of any new business. Start an email and send it to everyone you know and have them send to everyone they know. You can put in there some useful information on puppy mills and how these unfit, unhealthy dogs are being sold at pet stores. Exposing info to as many people as possible that don´t know the truth can really help.

Debby 
Quote | 8 years ago

You have to be logged in

Edit |
Delete
just now