Title

Êtes-vous sûr(e)?

Forum No More Dog of the Week!! (41)

No More Dog of the Week!! (41)

Citer | Il y a 5 ans de temps

Now that would be a terrible thing wouldn't it! But the truth is that if people do not vote for dogs to be the next dog of the week, we can't have one. The only dogs on my list either have no information on their profile at all, or the owner has not been online for ages. We desperately need your help and your votes, please please can you all try to find just one dog who is active and has nice information on their profile and who you think deserves to be dog of the week? Please vote vote vote or we will have no dog of the week! Thank you

Okay Jenny I do try to remember when I am patting doggies but I sometimes forget unless I am actively looking for DOTW - thanks for the wake up call

Hello dear Jenny. I wote for DOTW. And i will continue. I hope that situation will be better

Thanks for that, me too!! I thought people would love for their dogs to be dog of the week yet people don't have any info on their profile at all and when I explain that their dog could be the next dog of the week they dont even reply! I can't understanf it. know it's like searching for a needle in a haystack to find a suitable active doggie but I really need your help and I do appreciate it. Thankyou!

There are many users that dont come to UDC any more. And that is little slight. I always when give vote for dog,i look its profile,is user active and etc. It will be better i hope

The dealers will get busy but this complicated

What's wrong with the chines dog of Darkmoon (Moona)? She used to be popular, Darkmoon comes on UD, I must have voted for her long ago, for the voting button is not by her name - he has never been DOTW.And she has birthday today.

Hey Barbara! Nothing at all, Moona is lovely, but she just perhaps didn't get enough votes yet, as she has not appeared on the list, so she needs a few more. But like everyone, I don't get to see every dog, so the fact that you have told me about Moona gives me hope that there are others like her! Thanks for that.

Dear Jenny there seems to be another problem - I voted for Kenca - I wrote & asked Audra to make a profile she wrote back & said she has done it already but when I go there I see no information regarding Kenca - lovely dog, frequent user & worth a DOTW but a mystery as to why no info appears - is it maybe because of being maybe being filled in on Lithuanian site, I thought as this was universal it would appear if that was so!?

Maybe we need Sherlock Bones to help.........

Age 11 years, 9 days

Living in Lithuania

Hi Sylvia, I think it must be that, as there is a full profile on the lithuanian site...did she actually say she had filled it in in English seperately? Thats what she'd need to do and as you say, it doesn't look as if she has

I'm sure she has to fill in the English separately on this site, Sylvia....have you been in contact with her since and asked her if she did that?

You would be good besides organizing the birthdays with the active users then serious but easy voting and taking who into account is missing toward it would be easy for you and for us

estrellasalva74:

You would be good besides organizing the birthdays with the active
users then serious but easy voting and taking who into account is
missing toward it would be easy for you and for us

You are right Estrella, it is sad to see so many birthday dogs but they have owners who have not been here for more than 3 months

If people don't fill in profile information when creating their doggy profiles, then I don't understand how anyone can vote for them anyway. Just a suggestion - when creating a profile, can the fields not be made mandatory? ie you can't create the profile without giving some details in 'about me'? I know of only one User who responded to a forum appeal to please put in info without being contacted directly and I am happy to say she made it a couple of weeks ago. It also doesn't help that we can't vote for Rainbow Dogs anymore. I'm with you Jenny - I don't understand how people can not respond to a request for information. As for people not revisiting here for months - some will have dropped off because of the way things are and others just aren't interested anymore or have other things to do

I agree about the mandatory bit and have already suggested that, whether it will happen or not I dont know. I also said that we need to be able to vote for dogs more than once, after, say, 2 years, it could be fun with questions to..., eg 'so,how did fame change your life?' I also said that we need to reverse the very bad decision to make Rainbow pets ineligible

And like all other User requests - it will be completely ignored Not ONE feature we asked for has been added but thank you to you for trying

i agree we should be able to vote for the same dog more than once as you say after 2 years or we might run out of dogs, and rainbow dogs should be eligible too

Norina 
edited by
Norina 

I think that Rainbow dogs should have an option to vote for them to be DOTW.

I mean,I know they're dead...But it would cheer up their owners
But I don't think that is good a possibility that one dog can be DOTW more times.
I think it would be better that there is DOTY -Dog of the year

But if a dog was last voted DOTW more than a couple of years ago and could be voted for again we would have far more choice, and there are new members who would not remember then being DOTW before. Also, many of the UK dogs of the week have also been dog of the week on a different countries UD site if they have a profile there which is allowed. So I honestly do think it would be fair. Rainbow dogs used to be abel to be voted for, it is unfair that they are no longer eligible and has upset many people. I do think that some of these rules should be changed.

blue20 
edited by
blue20 

Jenny Question?
Why RB dogs here in the English site (as Tasha this week ) and some others RB Dogs here and also in the French, Dutch sites are allowed to be selected as DOTW, when in the Spanish site they are not ?
If there is a rule, this should be applied equally to all countries.

You have to be logged in