Title

Jesteś pewien/pewna?

Forum Which breed should I choose if I already have a mini schnauzer? (15)

Which breed should I choose if I already have a mini schnauzer? (15)

Cytuj | 8 lat temu
edited by

Hello:

I have a mini schnauzer named Rambo that my husband and I absolutely adore. I want to get another puppy. I know that different breeds have characteristic temperaments associated with the breed, and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a breed that will likely get along with a schnauzer. Typical schnauzer, Rambo is very active, likes to be the center of attention and is very stubborn. I was thinking of getting a chihuahua or another mini schnauzer. Any suggestions?

Cytuj | 8 lat temu
edited by

Good will and yorkshire terrier dachshund

Cytuj | 8 lat temu
edited by

Depends on what you like too...we just got a Bordeaux(who will eventually weigh 140-150lbs) and we have a pug who is 12 lbs. We do pick dogs that have lower energy levels due to our lifestyle. Since you already have a higher energy dog, I would pick another with similar exercise requirements, but breed is your personal preference!! Good luck!

Cytuj | 8 lat temu
edited by

Well... do you want big or small dog? The choice is actually yours,but the labrador retrievers,the beagles and the jack russel terriers are good dogs!

Good luck!

Sian 
Cytuj | 8 lat temu
edited by

Well he shouldn´t really matter about sizes etc unless it matters to you...
Ste likes Labradors so that´s why we have labradors.. i like border collies and would absolutly LOVE one! I like medium to large breeds of dogs for lots of reasons.. but it sounds like you want a small breed...
What about something like a cocker spaniel?
They´re lovely small dogs

Sian 
Cytuj | 8 lat temu
edited by

Well... do you want big or small dog? The choice is actually yours,but the labrador retrievers,the beagles and the jack russel terriers are good dogs!

Good luck!

That is a bit stereotypical though lol.
I know plenty of agressive labs.. and hyper ones.. and calm ones lol
And i know many agressive jack russells... and a few stinky beagles (lol)

All dogs have good qualties and bad qualaties... it depends what you want really.

Cytuj | 8 lat temu
edited by

well like some of stated the choice is of course yours ^^, .. but if you say your dog already is an attention seeker, have you ever thought of how he will react to a new addition and him getting less attention and all of it mostly focused on the new little bundle of fur?..
taking in another puppy or even dog is quite something to think about since there are of course pro´s and con´s and the fact that the dog you own now might highly be jealous of this new puppy.. maybe going to a rescue and getting an adult or young dog ? ..

Sian 
Cytuj | 8 lat temu
edited by

well like some of stated the choice is of course yours ^^, .. but if you say your dog already is an attention seeker, have you ever thought of how he will react to a new addition and him getting less attention and all of it mostly focused on the new little bundle of fur?..
taking in another puppy or even dog is quite something to think about since there are of course pro´s and con´s and the fact that the dog you own now might highly be jealous of this new puppy.. maybe going to a rescue and getting an adult or young dog ? ..

Well said

I would love to rescue a dog but it is so much hassel now! In the UK you don´t even get to see all the dogs!! The charity picks them for you And because they have made it even more work to get a rescue dog less people are going to rescues because it is so much hassel. Which unfortuanatly means more dogs are getting put down

Cytuj | 8 lat temu
edited by

I would reccomend any small/ medium dog espialy a cross breed recuse with lots of love and engry

Cytuj | 8 lat temu
edited by

Well he shouldn´t really matter about sizes etc unless it matters to you...
Ste likes Labradors so that´s why we have labradors.. i like border collies and would absolutly LOVE one! I like medium to large breeds of dogs for lots of reasons.. but it sounds like you want a small breed...
What about something like a cocker spaniel?
They´re lovely small dogs

Cocker spaniels are beautiful dogs. However, I have to be careful because in the past I had problems with eye alergies and dogs. I used to have a mix dog and I loved it, but for the 13 years of her life I had constant problems with alergies. That is how I started searching and ended up with a schnauzer. They shed very little and luckily I have never had a problem with alergies with my dog. Do you know if cocker spaniels shed a lot of hair?

Cytuj | 8 lat temu
edited by

Why not just get another mini schnauzer? If they ´work well´ for you, then double the fun and have 2 of the little darlings!!!

Cytuj | 8 lat temu
edited by

Thanks everyone for their posts....

What you say is true. I am sure I want another dog. But because Rambo is an attention seeker, that is why I am thinking hard about which breed may be more likely to get along with other breeds. I would love to get a rescue dog, but here in Puerto Rico all the rescue dogs I have searched are mixed breeds. Because of my alergies I have to research which breeds shed less hair and produce less dander and it is very hard to predict in a mix if the dog will shed a lot.

I love golden retrievers, but I have read that they shed a lot of hair. At first I was going to get another mini schanuzer, but being that they can be a very dominant breed I am not sure how 2 schnauzers in the same home would get along

Again, thanks to everyone who replied so far

Cytuj | 8 lat temu
edited by

[quote]well like some of stated the choice is of course yours ^^, .. but if you say your dog already is an attention seeker, have you ever thought of how he will react to a new addition and him getting less attention and all of it mostly focused on the new little bundle of fur?..

What you say is true. I am sure I want another dog. But because Rambo is an attention seeker, that is why I am thinking hard about which breed may be more likely to get along with other breeds. I would love to get a rescue dog, but here in Puerto Rico all the rescue dogs I have searched are mixed breeds. Because of my alergies I have to research which breeds shed less hair and produce less dander and it is very hard to predict in a mix if the dog will shed a lot.

I love golden retrievers, but I have read that they shed a lot of hair. At first I was going to get another mini schanuzer, but being that they can be a very dominant breed I am not sure how 2 schnauzers in the same home would get along

[/quote]

you´re very welcome for the help, that is quite true about mixed breeds and yes Golden´s shed a whole lot that is one breed you wouldn´t want if you have allergies, you´d "die" from sneezing hehe .
and i do hear quite a lot the shnauzers can be dominant, no doubt about it, like little men! maybe looking into fostering a dog for a bit even or looking after friends or family´s dogs to see how he reacts with a new member in the home?.. some people do this or if you can always find a breeder and if they´re selling adults or giving away a young adult shnauzer ypu can always talk to them and ask them questions too??.. and saying something maybe like "i´m looking for a second dog, i have a mini shnauzer myself and i´d love to have another dog/puppy. But if things go wrong or there are problems would it be okay if i could bring the dog/puppy" some breeders allow this, simply call breeders and for their opinion .
good luck

Cytuj | 8 lat temu
edited by

[quote][quote]well like some of stated the choice is of course yours ^^, .. but if you say your dog already is an attention seeker, have you ever thought of how he will react to a new addition and him getting less attention and all of it mostly focused on the new little bundle of fur?..

[/quote]

you´re very welcome for the help, that is quite true about mixed breeds and yes Golden´s shed a whole lot that is one breed you wouldn´t want if you have allergies, you´d "die" from sneezing hehe .
and i do hear quite a lot the shnauzers can be dominant, no doubt about it, like little men! maybe looking into fostering a dog for a bit even or looking after friends or family´s dogs to see how he reacts with a new member in the home?.. some people do this or if you can always find a breeder and if they´re selling adults or giving away a young adult shnauzer ypu can always talk to them and ask them questions too??.. and saying something maybe like "i´m looking for a second dog, i have a mini shnauzer myself and i´d love to have another dog/puppy. But if things go wrong or there are problems would it be okay if i could bring the dog/puppy" some breeders allow this, simply call breeders and for their opinion .
good luck[/quote]

Thanks Jaline. I had not thought about the option of fostering a dog/puupy. I am going to discuss this option with my family and see what they think. I like the idea of helping by giving a dog or puppy a home until they can get a permanent family, and at the same time I may get to keep the pet in the end if I dont develop allergies.

Cytuj | 8 lat temu
edited by

yeah very true .. hehe
also if you foster, of course they´ll be forms to fill out, questions and such.. so they might just match you up with a perfect dog without you knowing it ..
good luck and hope you find a new puppy or dog
best of wishes
Jaline, Mocha and Diego.

Musisz się zalogować